The Servicom Unit of Aminu Teaching Hospital organized a 3-days retreat for the newly recruited clinical and non-clinical staff, which was aimed at informing them the importance of providing efficient service delivery.
In his remarks, the representative of the Chief Medical Director, the Chairman Medical Advisory Committee Prof. Abdurrahman Abba Sheshe congratulated the staff for being part of the best Medical Centre in the country.
He advocates on the need for team work among staff and called on them to interact with one another with respect as colleagues.
Speaking, the Director of Administration Hajiya Zainab Ahmed Gwadabe called on new staff to adhere to the rules and regulations of the Hospital. She also advised them to be dedicated to their job, saying many have competed to the same position
Earlier in his welcome address, the Servicom Chairman, Prof. JamiluTukur said, Servicom is used as a patient complain mechanism in AKTH, where patients can forward there complains to the strategic location of the Hospital Desk officers, which will be forwarded to Servicom Committee then to the Management.
He however, explained that Servicom is not restricted to only patients, that they are watch guards of the whole Hospital. Papers were presented during the retreat include,
- Over view of Servicom - Professor Jamilu Tukur, Chairman Servicom
- Work and Work ethics - Prof. Musa Borodo, Chairman Ethical Committee
- Communication in Health Sector- Prof. Abdulhamid Isa Dutse former Chief Medical Director
- Team work.- Alh. Muhd Suleiman former Director Administration
- Responsibility of health workers from religious perspective Islam and Christianity – Francis Ahaji, Asst. Director Admin (PRS) & Mall Aminu Umar, Asst. Chief Procurement officer
- Civil Service/Welfare- Saleh Habu Gumel , Asst. Director of Administration (H/R)
By Umar Abubakar Lamido/Rabiu Musa Borodo