The Department of nursing services ensures the provision of high-quality patient care
on a 24-hour basis based on a strong commitment to practice, education, research and
collaboration. Nursing as a profession believes that man is a bio-psychosocial being
and his needs are the focus of all nursing activities. The health care system exists
to meet the needs of the consumer by providing primary, secondary and tertiary
health maintenance activities to ensure that individuals, families and communities
are assisted to maintain a high level of wellness.
The department is headed by Assistant Director Nursing who is being assisted by six
(6) other senior nurses as coordinators. They are charged with tasks of overseeing
total patients care, together with the Ward Managers. The Ward Managers ensures patients welfare in liaison with other healthcare workers from both the Clinical and non-clinical departments of the hospital.
The department is charged with the following functions:
• Select and maintain qualified, credentialed and competent Nursing staff.
• Provides a weekly continuing Nursing education program, yearly seminar to all nurses through support in-services Training to the staff through the Hospital Management.
• Communicate criteria for standards of Nursing practices practice and patient care so that these standards are consistent with the vision statement of the hospital and philosophy of the Nursing.
• Promotes policies approved by the Hospital management that impact the Nursing Department.
• Conduct clinical studies and promote Nursing research to enhance patient care
• Participate in committees and make recommendations for changes in practice or care and follow through where appropriate with changes.
• Present budgetary recommendations to the budget and finance committees of the Hospital
• Participate in special programs planned by the Hospital management
• Assume responsibility and accountability for Nursing care provided to the patient
• Prove regular clinical and administrative reports on patients care and activities
MUHAMMAD ALI GARKO
Head of Department