The unit provides services related to information technology, other functions of the unit are:
- Manage information technology and computer systems;
- Ensure accessibility of information technology to all staff of the Hospital through the provision of hard and software.
- Ensuring regular monitoring and maintenance of the Hospital’s I.C.T Technology to ensure maximum access;
- Facilitates the provision of ICT systems, infrastructure, applications and support to the various users.
- Managed the ICT resources for better performance.
- Develop and maintain ICT strategy for the Hospital by initiating, developing and managing, ICT projects.
- Perform other related duties as required during working hours
Level of Performance:
Below is the summary of our achievement in 2012.
- Process the Purchase of about 10 units of computer sets to various departments and units.
- Process the procurement and purchase of about 10 units of printers to various departments and units.
- Computerization of Retainership Clinic which involved the Purchase and installation of Switches, server and other network equipments for Retainership Clinic computerization.
- Purchase and installation of Switches, sever and other network equipment’s for NHIS Clinic computerization.
- Repaired of about 150 units of computers and printers in various sections of the Hospital.
- Reliable support to all staff on IT related needs.
- Installation, training and implementation of PODA software at Retainership Clinic.
- Process the distribution of 100 units of NCC laptops to all departments and units.
- Provided full support and active participation in staff verification exercise which lasted for one month.
- Installation of Power point projection system at conference hall.
Two staffs where sponsored to have International Certification in Information Security and Diploma in Computer Science.
- Ahmad Hashim - Windows server 2008;
- Kabiru Abba Yakasai - Oracle Database;
- Sani Umar - MCSE;
- Sani Isah - IT Library Infrastructure;
- Ibrahim Sani Khaleel - CCNA .