Functions of the Unit:
- To protect lives and property within the hospital premises and hospital quarters, to make the hospital conducive and peaceful for easy dispensation.
- To ensure compliance to the hospital laid down rules and regulations, and report cases of malpractices/misconducts and to investigate the cases where necessary or when directed by the management for further necessary action.
- To ensure issuance of identity cards to the staff, students and entertain cases related to identity cards.
- To establish a system of inspection, patrols and other periodic checks and improve the relationship of the three (3) Private Security firms to enhance greater efficiency in the discharge of their duties.
- To produce and submit security appraisal/reports to the Management for preventive actions or otherwise.
- To represent the management and advice on security matters to the police, SSS and other law enforcement agencies.
- To carry out any other assignment that may be given by the Management
The physical security is being provided by three (3) private security firms i.e.
- Crown Continental Security Company,
- M. U. Security Company; and
- Kings Guards Security Company.
The department has few numbers of internal security staff/casual guards that are on three (3) shift duty coverage.
The Crown Continental Security Company covers the Phase I and II of the Hospital premises and the CMD’s Residence with about One hundred and Seventy Nine (179) personnel. While the M.U. Security Company covers the staff quarters and outside beat quarters with about thirty five (35) security personnel while Kings Guards Security Company covers CMAC’s Residence, Darmanawa Exit, former D.A’s house, Kumbotso Comprehensive health Centre and Dawanau Psychiatric Centre with a total number of Thirty (30) Security personnel.
Level of Performance/Achievement in 2012:
- Notification of arrested impersonator/Hand over to the Police.
- Forwarding of a Handset thief by Name Idris Haruna of Tarauni Quarters, B.B. Farouk line.
- Arrest of a Handset thief (Female) Mariya Ismail of Bridgade Quarters, Konar Tudun Wada, Kano
- Arrest of theft attempt/forwarding of a suspect to the Police. Scene of Crime – Surgical Car Park. The suspect was forwarded to the Police along with the original owner of the Machine for further scrutiny.
- A suspect by name Alh. Nasidi Idris was arrested in the hospital/forwarded to the Police on the pretext of rendering financial assistance to patient/patient relations.